1. Donor Information Collected by HVSD: As part of making a donation to HVSD, the organization routinely collects the following personal information from donors: full name; e-mail address; phone number; street address; city and state; zip code; and credit card information, if that is the chosen method of payment.
2. Use of Donor Information: HVSD will use the donor’s information for the following purposes: to distribute receipts for donations; to thank donors for their generosity; for internal analysis and record keeping; and for reporting to the appropriate federal and state agencies (such reports may be available for public inspection). HVSD may add a donor’s information to HVSD’s donor list and database so the donor can be contacted about other HVSD activities, news, and/or fundraising campaigns. HVSD will never sell, trade, or rent any of a donor’s information to any other person or organization, for any purpose, except with the donor’s specific permission or as required by applicable law. Furthermore, HVSD will never use a telemarketer or third-party vendor to solicit donations.
3. Use of Third-Party Vendors: HVSD uses third-party vendors to facilitate its fundraising activities and campaigns and to process credit card transactions. Any donor information provided to these third-party vendors is done on a strictly confidential basis and will only be used by the vendor for a specific, designated purpose. HVSD will never sell, trade, or rent any of a donor’s information to any other person or organization, for any purpose, except with the donor’s specific permission or as required by applicable law.
4. Protection of Donor’s Personal Information: All access to donor information is strictly limited to HVSD employees. HVSD uses an accredited online payment processing vendor that transfers donor information to its secure server using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology. Unless requested by the donor for the purpose of processing recurring donations, HVSD does not store, nor does it have access to, donor credit card information, bank account numbers, or other account data sent to the online payment processing vendor.
5. Unsubscribing and Contacting HVSD. If the donor has any questions about this policy or if the donor wishes to be removed from HVSD’s donor lists and databases, please email the following address email@example.com. The donor may also write to this address:
Homeless Veterans of San Diego
PO Box 131593
Carlsbad, CA 92013